John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I'm getting the message: your printer is not connected. When

Customer Question

I'm getting the message: your printer is not connected. When I go through the prompts on the printer, it has my network name. When asking for the code: I added the Password, but, the connection failed. Model: MFC-6880DW, purchased 2 years ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you having issue with the printer MFC-J880DW or MFC-J885DW, etc.?

Did you purchase the printer 2 years or 2 weeks ago?

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Are you able to check / confirm your wi-fi / wireless password ***** key?

What is the model of your Internet modem/router device?

Do you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Please stay with me on this web page. Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not want remote assistance. I have a desk top Mac, wireless service through At&T. I purchased the printer 2 weeks ago.

Do you see any password ***** key at the back / bottom of your AT&T modem / router device?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The network name and wifi password ***** on the modem, so I know I am using the correct info.

Is it lower case or uppercase, etc.? It is case-sensitive.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do you mean the password? It's lower case and I've used lower case

Besides password, is there any network key, etc.?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was told the password ***** ***** network key

Yes, did you use the network key at the bottom / back of the modem / router device (it is case-sensitive)?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I used the wi-fi password ***** below the network name. It specifically states: Wi-Fi password
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry, but I have to go.

Can you disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem / router device(s) for a few minutes, then re-connect

, then turn off printer, then disconnect the power cord from printer for a couple of minutes, then re-connect, then turn printer back on

, then press the WiFi option on on the printer device, then select option Setup Wizard, then select / connect to your wireless network name with your wireless / network key / password ***** check.

We can continue any time. Please let me know when you are available to continue. Thank you,