John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have a brother MFC 7810DW. It has been printing with

Customer Question

Hi. I have a brother MFC 7810DW. It has been printing with verticle wrinkles through the page. Changed toner and drum, no better. What can I do??
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: a few weeks now, at both offices.....same printer at both offices.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: about 1 yr old. Brother MFC 7810DW
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: searched the I tried making sure not too much paper in it, aligners at the side not too tight or loose, flipped the stack 180 degress
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: not realy. thx
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 3 months ago.

Have you tried a different brand or weight of paper?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

I would suggest you try a different weight and/or brand of paper before looking to the printer. Most of the time it's a paper quality or dampness issue that causes this.

I'm assuming this started after getting into a new package of paper? and not while using the same lot of paper that printed without a problem?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't believe it has to do with paper. Both offices have different paper stocks m it is doing it at both offices. Both offices have same printer.

Look for clamping force settings in the printer and try turning them down.