John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Brother HL-L2360DW printer goes into deep sleep or sleep

Customer Question

My Brother HL-L2360DW printer goes into deep sleep or sleep mode and is impossible to awaken it without a total reboot. This happens during periods when it is idle. Sometimes it's only a couple of days.
I was told that this arrangement cannot be disabled. I tried a direct cable rather than wifi and it made no difference.
It really is a serious pain and I'm ready to give it away and start over with another brand. I saw nothing in your literature telling me about this. If I'd known, I wouldn't have bought it.
Admittedly, I am not a geek. I bought it to use, not understand its inner workings.
If there is a fix that stays fixed, please let me know ASAP.
Bill long ***@******.***
Category: Printers
Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Hi there Bill! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. There may be an updated driver or possibly a firmware update for your printer that will correct this problem. can you tell me please what Operating System you have on your computer?

If you're not sure, you should be able to use one of these links to find out. Or, if you prefer I can connect to you remotely and work on this while you watch.

For Windows

Can you click this link and tell me what you see please?

http://whatsmyos.com/

For MAC

From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X