GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

How do I stop a scanning job in which I need to combine 2

Customer Question

How do I stop a scanning job in which I need to combine 2 pages. It just keeps scanning. I am up to page 13 as it continues to just repeat itself. It is a 2450 all in one printer. Chrsitie
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hello Christie. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve it. Can you tell me please what Operating System is on your computer?

If you're not sure, you should be able to use one of these links to find out. Or, if you prefer I can connect to you remotely and work on this while you watch.

For Windows

Can you click this link and tell me what you see please?

From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

If you have Windows 10, these instructions should do the trick for you.

1. From the Desktop, hold down the Windows key and press R.
  2. Into the Run window, type services.msc and hit enter.
  3. Browse down to the print spooler service, right click it and select Properties then click on the Stop button.
  4. Now browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS and delete the job inside this folder.
  5. Restart the computer and you should find the document(s) have been removed, and the job has stopped.

​If you have something other than Windows 10, please let me know and I will provide instructions for your particular Operating System. Or, if you'd like, I can perform these steps for you while you watch via the Premium Service of Secure Remote Assistance. This is completely optional. If you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and work on the issue for you. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem., would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to assist you