Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

Help my printer says it has a paper jam it's a brother M FC

Customer Question

Help my printer says it has a paper jam it's a brother M FC 8840D I've taken it all apart and cleaned everything the best I could, there is no paper stock in it anywhere back or front. When I pulled the one piece of paper out in the printer cartridge area I heard a clicking sound . When I turn it on the fan runs for a long time and the screen constantly shows paper jam
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,

You will need to clear the entire paper path thoroughly - the paper jam warning is initiated by mechanical and optical detectors. They can give false alarms if dirty, so ensure there is no paper dust or other debris on them.

You can try using a vacuum cleaner to clear it out, or try pushing a piece of stiff card through the paper path to help dislodge any stuck fragments of paper.

--------------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips greatly appreciated :)
Alternatively, please reply back if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------------