MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been fixing Printers and copiers for over 30 years.
11519491

I have the pixma pro9000, the power in the building went

Customer Question

I have the pixma pro9000, the power in the building went off, when power came back on printer will not come on at all. I unpluged everything for 10 min. Still nothing.
Category: Printers
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 4 months ago.

Hi I am sorry to hear that.

Ok, first verify that there is actually power at the outlet by plugging something else into that outlet.

Let me know how that goes.

Next if the power is there at the outlet, I can tell you, the main power supply board inside this printer has failed. This one is super sensitive to power surges however small and these boards will fail.

To replace this one you will need soldering supplies and some experience soldering and re work of electronic components. If you have that, I can continue to help. If not, you shoudl take that one into Best Buy for repair. They are excellent. The only draw back there is it takes about two weeks for them to have it back to you as they send it out to the correct service dept for this service. But they are the least expensive.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you

Sincerely

Tech Michael