JKalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.

When i open my PIXMA IP100 the print carriage won't

Customer Question

when i open my PIXMA IP100 the print carriage won't budge
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the Pixma is? And has this happened before?
Customer: I bought it in 2012, yes has happened before--the green and orange lights are flashing
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing yet
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Please disconnect the power cable from the back of the printer. Then open the carriage door and gently move the carriage from side to side. There should not be a lot of resistance. Use a bright flashlight to check for any shreds of paper or other foreign matter along the carriage track.