John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I can't get my CAnon Pixma MX 922 to work wirelessly. The

Customer Question

I can't get my CAnon Pixma MX 922 to work wirelessly. The Geek Squad at BestBuy has reinstalled it 4 times in the past week, and it can't hold the wifi signal. They said it might be the router and to call Bell and tell them that the computer is detecting two networks with the same SSID and getting them confused. Then I lost my internet service completely. Bell just got that going, but the printer still says 'Printer offline.' Do you have any ideas?
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's new. I bought it a few months ago, and just started using it on July 1st, when I gave away my old one (which had also stopped printing wirelessly).
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Uninstall and reinstall at least 4 times, rebooted the router, printer, and laptop countless times, hard re-set for the router 4 times. that's about it.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, Pearl, thank you -- I think that's about it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your router?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

On the printer's screen, when you go to the MENU -> WLAN setup -> (if prompted, to press WPS button, just press OK button / if error is show, press OK again) -> Change setup method if shown -> Standard Setup, then select / connect to your wi-fi / wireless network name, then what happens? Is there any error or message?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,