Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Hp 4350 jamming on config print. prints 3 pages then trys to

Customer Question

hp 4350 jamming on config print. prints 3 pages then trys to put a blank page thru.. removed solonoid for the paper pick up can and removed the "sticky" felt , cleaned it but still having the same problem. Looked at first sensor near tray one an its OK... have been doing this for 20 years and this is a first for me.. any ideas
Roger ***@******.***
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How old are the feed rollers in the area of the jamming?

Their surfaces might need refreshing or cleaning, perhaps. If so, wipe the paper-contacting surfaces of the feed rollers firmly, three times over, with a clean lint-free rag cloth moistened in rubbing alcohol. Then let them dry at least 5 minutes, before trying the printer again.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Brand new rollers.. fuser maintaince kit.... blank page after test print configuration 3 pages stops at the registration assembly no jam error but when go to print again.. then it jams.

That could be a defect in the firmware - if the pages are being printed from firmware - that is directing the test/config. print.

If so, then trying a firmware update or 'refresh' might help. Does that make sense to you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Moved the formatter for the parallel print board between printers. I moved the one from the problem printer and put in a different printer with no problems, the problem doesnt move... I have forgotted how to do a complete reset back to factory settings. DO you know how? Here is a pic of the jam area
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry but you cant connect remotely.. its not hooked up to anything .. it is in the workshop

Does the paper get bent as shown in the pictures?

I think the CPU or main logic board of the printer would have to be swapped out for what I was guessing at to be addressed.