JKalman
JKalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I have a Canon ip7260 and bought it about a year or two ago.

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Canon ip7260 and bought it about a year or two ago. I bought it as an edible printer, meaning that it has edible ink so that I can print on sugar and rice paper. I have bought new cartridges that were empty and have refilled them. Unfortunately my printer does not want to print. Can you please help me?
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It prints only in magenta now. But if I do a test print then it does not print anything on the paper.
Expert:  JKalman replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
A Mac Air - regards Michelle
Expert:  JKalman replied 5 months ago.

If you are saying that your printer makes copies of documents scanned off the glass when your magenta, yellow, cyan, and black cartridges are all over half full, then you have a problem with your printhead. It needs to be cleaned and flushed, probably manually, although there is a printhead cleaning procedure that can be executed from the menu.

A separate problem is that you cannot print from your computer, and this can be resolved by uninstalling your printer software and resetting your printing system from your mac and then downloading and installing the latest print drivers from the Canon website. I can help you with this.

Expert:  JKalman replied 4 months ago.

Hello, Michelle. I am just checking to see if you are still having problems with your printer.

Expert:  JKalman replied 4 months ago.

If you are satisfied with my advice, I would appreciate a Good or Excellent rating. If you have questions or are having problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be of service. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME AND EFFORT WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!