Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert

I have a Brother HL-6180DW printer operating in Windows 10

Customer Question

I have a Brother HL-6180DW printer operating in Windows 10 operating system that will not print from "pause" mode. It will only switch from "pause" to "ready" mode and print if I first shut down and then restart the printer. After a few seconds, it switches back to "pause" mode and won't print. When I try (unsuccessfully) to test print from the "properties" screen, it says the printer needs attention.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi Bill,

First, please ensure you have the latest printer driver installed from the Brother website:

Let me know if there is any improvement?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
After uninstalling the printer I downloaded and installed the "Full Driver & Software Package" from the Brother Solutions Center. It had no effect on my problem of the printer being stuck in the "pause" mode unless I shutdown and restart the printer after which it initializes to the "ready" mode but then reverts to pause after a few seconds.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My problem has not been resolved even though My credit card has already been charged$20.

I am a user of this site just like you. I have nothing to do with the billing or accounts, however I understand that you pay a deposit to the site when you ask your question. I have been paid nothing and your deposit remains in your JustAnswer account.

Do you have another computer you can test the printer on to see if the problem is computer-related?