John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer shows, printer status or printer off line.what

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, my printer shows, printer status or printer off line.what can I do to get it to ptint. thanks Nick
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP ENVY 5530--SER # ***** --model # *****
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: disconet and reconect and turn it off and on again
JA: After your first paid question, we offer a week's free trial membership when you can ask as many questions as you like.
Customer: what is the dollar amount?
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: connect
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,