John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My MP480 printer "Failed to scan" I have installed new Black

Customer Question

My MP480 printer "Failed to scan"
I have installed new Black and Color ink cartridges. Still printer fails to scan.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 8 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Are you trying to scan something or are you trying to print something?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I was trying to print a document that was in my computer.
I am feeling trapped by your program! It is not clear to me what you are asking me to sign on to. I am not interested in paying for a non going arrangement with you. Are you an employees of Canon? If you help me solve my problem what will it cost me? Will you or the company you work for expect to have on-going access to my computer? I cannot even print out this exchange. Now I see 3 emails from you - "Just Answer"

I am not an employee of Canon. This is Justanswer.com

It appears that this question is costing you $23.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I see that you have already billed me and there are other items in my mail. I am not comfortable with this.DO NOT SWITCH TO REMOTE ASSIST.
WHAT ADVICE DO YOU HAVE TO HELP ME GET MY DOCUMENT PRINTED ON MY CANON PRINTER.

You are billed in the beginning. Please, tell me everything about the printer and the problem. Me not remoting in means that I know nothing of your issue. Please, fill me in.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I tried to print a document that I had developed and my printer would not print it. The message on the small printer screen was : "Unable to scan", I tried a few times with no success. Then I left and went to buy a new set of printer ink. I installed to two new ink cartridges and the message was still unable to scan.

Unplug the power to the printer, plug it back in, and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes and try printing once more. What does it do now?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK. printer un plugged. I will now plug it back in and wait the two minutes.
I am waiting the two minutes... I will have to go back to a document.The spreadsheet did not print. The small window on the printer says ; Standard Copy, 01^ and other stuff and now it has just gone blank - the small window on the printer

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You have exercised your option to out of solving my printer problem. This experience has cost me $23.00 so far.
What is my option??
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
now I can look forward to up to 24 hours for another technician and you can look forward to my $23.00. Do you think that Canon has a customer help service that they run? Not a referral to a separate contractor.
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system?