John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I just bought an HP printer Envy 4520. There is no booklet

Customer Question

I just bought an HP printer Envy 4520. There is no booklet in the box to tell me how to connect my printer to my computer. can you please help me? thanks. Liza
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Do you want to connect the printer with the PC by an USB cable ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No. I have a Mac book air
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Its supposed to be done through wifi
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.

OK, do you have a wireless router installed at your home ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i do
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.

Do you know the SSID and passcode of the router, because you will need that to connect the printer with the router.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.

Are you there ?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.

You seem to be busy at present, I am giving a link below, please open it and follow the steps to find out the SSID and passcode of the router.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-4520-All-in-One-Printer-series/5447920/model/5447921/document/c04718444/

After that open the link below and follow the steps to connect the printer to the router. Let me know, how it goes for you. I will get back to you, as soon as I get back online again tomorrow, as I have to go offline for the day.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-4520-All-in-One-Printer-series/5447920/model/5447921/document/c04719556/