Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware

Our 2660 is displaying error message code 0x97. what does

Customer Question

our 2660 is displaying error message code 0x97. what does that mean? printer has restarted ...printer has declogged the nozzle head. now what
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: how do you double click . our model wf2660
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: restarted computer, restarted printer, declogged nozzle heads on printer per instructions
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The error code you are getting is related to scanner PCB and the only which you can try at home is resetting the printer, which you have done already by unplugging it. Now, the solution to this problem is replacing the PCB of the scanner unit, but the cost of the replacement will be around $250 (spare+labor), so the best option in this situation is replacing the printer unless the printer is still under warranty period (less than one-year-old) . There is no specific cause for this, at least nothing you did to prompt it. It is a hardware fault and has been a known issue with a few models. It could have been triggered by a power surge though.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We fixed it ..we dont need your help. Want a refund
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.