Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert

Print Unable 32 - after replacing drum

Customer Question

Print Unable 32 - after replacing drum
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,

The message "Print Unable 32" will appear if paper or labels are stuck inside the printer or drum unit.

To clear the error:

1. Power off the printer using the On/Off switch located on the side of the printer.

2. Press the front cover release button and then open the front cover.

3. Pull out the drum unit.

4. After the drum unit has been removed, carefully look inside the printer and remove any paper, scraps of paper or labels.

5. Remove the 4 toner cartridges from the drum unit. Hold the handle of the toner cartridge and pull it out of the drum unit. Repeat this for each of the toner cartridges.

6. There will be four open slots on the drum unit where the toner cartridges were installed. Examine the openings and the black roller in each slot for pieces of paper or labels and remove them. Also inspect the right and left sides of the drum unit for pieces of paper or labels.

7. Turn the drum unit over and check for pieces of paper or labels that may be stuck in or on the black rollers.

8. Turn the drum unit back over and reinstall the toner cartridges. Hold the handles of the toner cartridges and then slide them into the drum unit. Make sure you match the toner cartridge color to the same color label on the drum unit. Fold the toner cartridge handles down once the cartridges are in place.

9. Hold the green parts of the belt unit with both hands and lift the belt unit up, then pull it out. Check the bottom of the belt unit for paper that may be stuck to the belt surface.

10. Remove the waste toner box from the printer using the green handle.

11. Look inside the printer, especially towards the back, for pieces of paper or labels. A piece of paper or label may be stuck near the roller located deep at the bottom of the printer. Check the roller and remove any paper or labels in the printer.

12. Put the waste toner box back in the printer.

13. Put the belt unit back in the printer.

14. Put the drum unit back in the printer.

15. Close the front cover.

16. Power the printer back on.

17. If the message still remains, power the printer off and back on.

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips greatly appreciated :)
Alternatively, please reply back if you need further assistance.

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?