John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Lexmark printer 2600 Cannot get printer to scan & 't see my

Customer Question

Lexmark printer 2600
Cannot get printer to scan & don't see my Lexmark icon. I try pushing the scan button on printer and it won't respond.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Are you on a windows or mac computer and which version?

Also can you print to the printer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It doesn't respond.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will pay this one time but do not want to take out every month. Thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thats no problem.

But did you see my questions? Can you reply to them as there is no response..

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
As you can probably tell, I do not know much about computers and had rather talk to someone. I got myself into this and don't know how to get out. I'm afraid I have just lost some money and didn't want to be charging anything. I hope you can just delete me off here and I will think of something else or just forget about fixing it. Thank you for your trouble. Sorry.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

ok, though not sure why you cannot just work with me on this?