Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware

My 1/2 sheet of paper (card stock) is jammed in the canon

Customer Question

My 1/2 sheet of paper (card stock) is jammed in the canon mx870. There is a slight lip I can grab onto with tweezers, but it won't budge at all.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No, it has never done this before. I was printing greeting cards that are scored. When I pulled on the paper it came out with no problem, but because the stock is scored 1/2 of the paper broke off and stayed in the printer.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I took off the removable flap, and that is how I removed the first half of the paper. I have turned the printer off and on a couple of times hoping that it might release it. Hoping that the rest of the sheet might be exposed, I just removed the bottom cover, but that only exposes a small portion of the paper.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.A paper jam can be cleared from a various portion of the printer, like the back bottom etc. do not forcefully remove the jammed paper, that can damage sensors and the printer can be unusable. Please open the link below and try the steps one by one and let me know, how it goes for you.