Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years

I have a new HP laptop and unable to find my Canon mg5520

Customer Question

i have a new HP laptop and unable to find my Canon mg5520 bluetooth to print remotely.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 mo's old. HPZ Book 15
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: not much
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

I checked this printer and it does not have bluetooth, it either can be connected via a USB cable or the wifi network.

Do you have a wifi network there?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
have wifi
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

ok, you can connect it to your wifi

to do this follow the instructions here

Once done, on your computer go to devices and printers, click add printer and add it there.

You can then print wirelessly to it.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you