Christopher Holl
Christopher Holl,
Experience:  Network Manager at Technic In
94610639

Every time I print something the paper does't feed all the

Customer Question

Every time I print something the paper does't feed all the way through causing a paper jam error. Have to keep opening upper cover and pulling the paper out.
JA: The tech wizards can certainly get you out of any jam. ;-) They know printers inside and out, and I'd love to connect you with the best one for the job. Do you know the make and model?
Customer: Oki Data B4
600
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Changed the Drum and toner
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Christopher Holl replied 7 months ago.

Hello there. I'll be happy to help with your printer issue

Often this type of printer feed issues is caused by worn out or dirty rollers inside the printer. When working in a laser printer be sure to unplug it first and be extremely careful what you touch. there are highly charged conductors inside of the printer. What you need to do is locate any rubber rollers that you can and clean them with isopropyl alcohol. If this doesn't work you may need replacement rollers. The other thing I would suggest is perhaps using different paper. I've noticed that some inexpensive paper is very lightweight and has almost a shinyness to it. If you purchase a higher grade paper you may have better luck. lastly, if you are in a humid environment (above 60% relative atmospheric humidity) it can impede the function of the rollers.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK. I will try to clean the rollers. I am using paper from Staples which is a high grade paper and more expensive So I know that is not the issue. Humidity is not an issue as the air conditioner is on. Thank you for your help.

No problem. Sometimes with the price of printers now, its more cost effective to simply replace it. If I can be of further assistance please let me know! if not, please rate me so that the issue can be marked as complete :-) Thanks!

If my service was sufficient please rate me so that this issue can be closed.