John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have a Dell 2150CN printer last week it gave me an error

Customer Question

I have a Dell 2150CN printer last week it gave me an error code of 006-390. I called Dell and they told me that I am out of warrantee. They also told me that I needed a new ROS unit. They sent me one and I installed it. Now I am still getting the same error code. When I called Dell they said just buy a new printer. Is there any way of trouble shooting to keep this printer alive?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Dell is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I purchased it approx 3years ago. the model on the front says 2150cn
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I replaced the ROS unit as I was told to by Dell.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask for you to verify what the error code is? I ask because I cannot locate the one you mentioned.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,