John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am having a problem with my Epson 3880. Sometimes the

Customer Question

I am having a problem with my Epson 3880. Sometimes the image does not print out on the center of the paper, but will be slid over to the side and sometimes part of the image is not even on the page. The white border exists on 3 sides only. I print from Photoshop and carefully enter the dimensions of the image I want.
I do not know what I am doing wrong. I just changed size of paper to 8.5x11 from 17x22. Am I selecting the wrong size in the 'printer settings' box?? I thought A4 was the right size.
I have had this problem before with even my larger prints from time to time.
Your help will be greatly appreciated. I am not very technologically adept, I wish to advise you!...but I try my best.
Diane
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your printer.

what is the operating system you have on the computer on which the printer is connected?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OS X 10.11.5 iMac
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Try to do a manual nozzle check from the panel on the printer. Press menu button and select > test print > nozzle check > then select auto or manual. Manual just prints a quick pattern; auto takes a while longer and prints a more thorough pattern.

Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Do again and this time select head allign and printe a test page check both the test page patterns and let me know if they look good.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Doing a printer nozzle check does not address my problem! The problem has to do with positioning of the image in the center of the photo paper. THE IMAGE IS NOT CENTERED EVEN THOUGH THE SETTINGS INDICATE IT IS.
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

If the printer is printing a test page good that means the printer has no problem the adjustments has to be made in the software which you are using and the printer should be compatible handling the custom size paper you are using.

Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Media Handling

Main top-loading feeder

Up to 17" x 22"

Up to 120 sheets plain
50 photo

Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Manual rear path

Up to 17" x 22"
Single sheet manual feeder,
optimized for fine art paper

Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Front manual feeder

Up to 16" x 20"
Straight-through, single sheet
manual feeder up to 1.5 mm

Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Weight

12 lb bond, up to 1.5 mm cardboard

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is not helpful at all.
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

i will open the question to other experts for there input you will get an email as soon as an expert replies to your question.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. Let me know how you'd like to begin.