Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware

An error code ox9a is shown on my printer, WF 3640. Yes it

Customer Question

An error code ox9a is shown on my printer
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: WF 3640. Yes it is ox9a
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The display says to turn it of and back on, but there is no change
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No. Thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The error code you are getting is related to the printhead, the last solution to this problem is replacing the printhead from any repair shop, but before that you can try the steps below at home and check the result. Let me know, if you need any further help on this issue, otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Remove all the cartridges.

Disconnect the power cord

Clean the contacts inside the printer as well as on the cartridges with IP alcohol and cotton swab then blow dry the heads with a hair drier set to cold for a few minutes.

Reinsert the cartridges and check the result.