John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I cannot save a scan from my HP C8180 going through a

Customer Question

I cannot save a scan from my HP C8180 going through a wireless router. I can print a file from my pc to the printer but cannot do a successful scan. I can scan from a PC hooked directly to the printer via usb.
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I build all my machines. Both use the same Gigabyte mb with the same Intel i3 processor on Win 10.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: virtually everything, including reinstalling the Solution Center. I use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 12, but the most recent version of Adobe Reader doesn't work either. I have not tried communicating with the printer directly through an installed wireless card. I suspect the problem has something to do with going through the wireless router.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: nope...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message when scanning via wireless?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,