Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

My printer shows error 0x97, Epson wf4630. It is 1 1/2 years

Customer Question

My printer shows error 0x97
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Epson wf4630. It is 1 1/2 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Turned the printer off and on, unplugged printer, checked for paper jams, unplugged router, re-booted computer, changed ink cartridges.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem which is considered a "fatal error" and will almost certainly require service.

This specific error pertains to a scanner pcb fault and/or logic board failure.

The only thing you can try in this case is to reset the machine:

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If still on change, it confirms an internal fault, which requires service. Service for these is not practical either, as repairs on your own once the 1 year warranty has passed would be $200-250, while you could buy a brand new machine for half that.

Let me know how the reset goes, and I'll help with contact info to file a warranty claim or replacement recommendations if needed.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?