Joseph Varner
Joseph Varner,
Experience:  Enterprise Support Specialist at Arthur J Gallagher
94318210

I have a HP Office jet 7610 Wide Forma E-All-in-one. Trying

Customer Question

I have a HP Office jet 7610 Wide Forma E-All-in-one. Trying to contact HP is like trying to grab the wind. No one to talk to. Printer indicates Ink system failure, Missing or failed print head. New ink installed with no positive results. Have tried cleaning unit through PC. No results. Also research indicates that is one of the printers that I can not replace print heads. Is it repairable?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joseph Varner replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today!

There is one last thing you can try before replacing the printer (if it doesn't work, then I'd suggest there is no easy fix, and repairing the printer might be more expensive than replacing it).

If you get a paper towel and some rubbing alcohol from the local supermarket or corner drug store, you can dab the alcohol on the paper towel, and GENTLY try wiping down the metal contacts on the print heads to clean them.

Some times, dried ink can clog the print heads, and this, when done carefully, can unclog them and get your printer working. I'd do the same on the metal leads on the ink cartridges.

Beyond that, sadly, most repairs, when labor is factored in, cost more than just going to the story and buying a new printer when it comes to ink jet printers.