John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I am trying to scan from my canon mx479 to my computer. I do

Customer Question

Hello I am trying to scan from my canon mx479 to my computer. I do not have a cd that came with the printer, but I can print by connecting the USB cord.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon mx479. I bought it about 8 months ago
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have only tried turning it on and off. The printer s in scan mode. And says scan local (USB). But I do not know how to get it to scan. I press start and nothing happens
JA: The office expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Office Equipment Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Which version of Windows/Mac are you running?