Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I just bought and tried to set up/install a Canon printer

Customer Question

I just bought and tried to set up/install a Canon printer iB4020 series. I am having trouble working with the paper cartridges. One of the problems is that it is giving the following error message ... 1784. Help!
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Oops - the error message is 1874.
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

There should be two paper cassettes, if you remove one of the cassettes, do you still get the error? ( basically, Id like you to test with each cassette to isolate which cassette is giving you the error.

D.S

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
both of them give me the error message.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I got it. Despite their labels, they ended up being reversed. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

Im glad you were able to solve the issue.

If anything else comes up, if you encounter issues printing or scanning from your computer, let me know.

Dustin S