Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

My daisy wheel when installed will not align with the key

Customer Question

my daisy wheel when installed will not align with the key pressed i.e. if I type p the result may be the number 2 or letter z
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I don't use the typewriter often so it just started when attempting to type on an application
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: removing the daisy wheel and reinstalling, pressing the reset button, turning on and off
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have paid but no response
I have a brothers SX4000 electronic typerwriter
Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 months ago.

the daisy wheels should be replaceable

which means it might have come loose. or the wheel itself might be broken.

They are typically made of plastic and if it ripped it might not spin properly

I can try to get you a manual if you need it but its usually pretty easy to see how the wheel comes off

take it off and look at it for problems such as the place where the spoke goes through to spin it is ripped or stretched so that the spoke cant spin it properly

As i said if there is a problem with it they can be replaced pretty easily