John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Brother MFC9320CW- It worked fine, but our internet

Customer Question

I have a Brother MFC9320CW- It worked fine, but our internet provider came out and put a new router and internet service in and now I cannot get it to reconnect to the wireless to print or copy or anything. I have tried everything I can think of. Please help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your printer. let me know the operating system installed on your computer

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Vista
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello???

did you reinstall the printer after the new router was installed??

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I didn't remove it and try again and I can try that
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is that the only way to do it?

i will tell you the steps to be followed

do it exactly the way as i list

open control panel..programs and features

locate the software for the brother printer and right click and uninstall

once uninstalled restart the computer

after restart you can reopen this page from just answer email by clicking on view answer

after restart, download and install the printer software package by clicking on the below link

click here to download and install full driver software package

during setup it might ask you to enter the new password ***** wifi modem on the printer or computer which you may enter

let me know if you face any difficulty

let me know how it goes

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's keeps asking me for an IP address for my Brother because it will not pull it up from the network?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
After much trial and error I finally got the machine to say it is connected at least but I still can't get it to finish installing.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello? are you still helping me?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am still having problems ---- please help!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I paid $33.00 for this service and you are not helping me at all! I really need to fix this problem today!

I had been waiting for you for more than an hour however i didn't get any response from you i had to go offline due to my geographical time.
Let me know when you could be online so that i can continue to assist you on this issue further.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It took me quite some time to restart things etc. - I will be here all day today-

i gave you the link to download the driver did you try to download and install it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I got the printer etc to work but it is hardwired with a USB- I still cannot get the Brother machine to work wireless like it did before- There seems to be a place to enter the new WPS PIN # ***** the machine but I cannot get it to change
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have reset it numerous times and it still keeps coming up the old # ***** the old wireless I had

let me know what time you can be online today and your time zone and we can setup the printer on the wifi mode

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am online now- We are central time here-
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Your last message came at 10:35 P.M. my time

our geographic locations are different so i can be online during the below timings CST. Let me know if you can be online during any of these slots

7 am to 12 noon

8 PM onwards

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am online now until noon

i will be online the entire day today during both the time slots

as soon as you see my message reply to me and i will fix the wifi setup issue

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am online today all day- Something came up on friday-

Hi i am online now let me know when we can begin.

If you opt for secure remote assistance then i can remotely fix the printer for you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am here what can I do?

do you want me to remote connect and fix the printer for you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I already paid over 30 dollars and have gotten no help at all- I will not pay another 39-

I agree you have paid $30 however if you see right from the top of the chat conversation you will see i have already answered your question, how to download and install the printer for wireless.

If you need remote assistance that will be an addition service to which you can opt for or you may simply deny and follow the steps i gave.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did do your steps and the wireless still does not work as I told you in one of my other comments

i can remote connect and check the wifi issue

let me know if you would like the remote assistance so that i may send you the service offer