Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.

I have a Kodak 7250 printer which is producing blank pages,

Customer Question

Hi I have a Kodak 7250 printer which is producing blank pages, even though the print head is moving normally. I have changed the printhead and the cartridges, but it still doesn't put ink onto the paper!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kodak is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5 -6 years old. It's a 7250 all in one
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I changed the printhead first. Then I uninstalled the printer and downloaded the most recent driver and re-installed the printer. Then I changed both print cartridges.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately this symptom indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2010 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault. These Kodaks are widely regarded as some of the worst printers ever made, they were very poorly designed and built and have very high failure rates. They were so bad that Kodak nearly went bankrupt supporting all the warranty claims, and stopped making inkjets entirely shortly after this model.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $60, A logic board would run you $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm going to replace the printer.
I found your reply a little disappointing in that you advised me to take actions which I had already told you that I had done. It also took you too long to respond - 72 hours for a routine answer to a routine problem is not an acceptable performance in my view.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

I understand what you did, but was giving you the complete overview of what to do to ensure no steps were missed, and to detail the further action required.

I'm not sure where you saw 72 hours, I responded to your initial question within 1 minute of your posting of it, shown via the timestamps on the question. You may have received an email notification of my follow up note.

Replacement is the best option here, as I recommended initially. (Question posted 4 Jul 2016, 11:43 AM, my response posted 4 Jul 2016, 11:44 AM)

If looking for a replacement, I’d recommend any of the Epson workforce series printers. They tend to be very reliable, are easy to set up and use, have good print quality, and reasonably priced ink. Example: or

Note that these, like all consumer grade inkjet printers, are designed to be low cost and are essentially disposable after a few years, subsidized by the high cost of ink cartridges. If you wish to have a better quality and longer lasting printer, that comes with years worth of ink up front, consider the Epson ecotank models instead:

Alternately, for a more business/commercial grade product that will be rated for a 5 year life, consider a laser printer. Lasers cost more up front also, but a toner cartridge can last for thousands of pages. A black only all in one laser is around $125:

while a color model is about twice that:

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,