Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

My MG5520 keeps disconnecting from the wifi network, and now

Customer Question

My MG5520 keeps disconnecting from the wifi network, and now it won't reconnect - it times out.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: sporadically for months
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: checked the wifi settings, restarted the printer, restarted the LAN setup procedure, used the WPS setup (it finds the network - says hit the WPS button which I do, hit OK - wait wait wait) and it times out.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon MG 5520
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Maybe 1 year old or less.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Already fixed it.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

ok, though I replied one minute after you posted the message. Did you do the instructions I gave?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No. Just connected it to the network manually rather than the WPS. Then turned off the sleep timer so it won't shut off and disconnect from the network.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

ok, if you need anything else please let me know

Thank you