Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I can not print from my brother mfc64+0cw printer. i get a

Customer Question

i can not print from my brother mfc64+0cw printer. i get a error message RX frames error and TX frames error. can you help
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. What is your computer operating system?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
windows 10 64bit

Are you trying to print wirelessly? If so, have you connected your printer to your wifi network?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the printer is connected to the wireless network and is showing "OK" on the printout from the printer

If your printer is connected, next we need to uninstall your printer software, so that we can download and install new drivers for your printer and operating system. Please go to Control Panel > Hardware& Sound > View Devices & Printers and remove the print server icons for your printer. Then go to Control Panel > Programs and uninstall all the programs for your Brother MFC6 4-OCW printer. The you need to restart your computer and reuoin this session. You can return to this session by selecting the link in your notification email.

...rejoin this session...

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok I dont have the CD that came with the printer to reload the drivers once I delete them. I thought perhaps the error message RX error and TX error might mean something....I have uninstalled the printer and reinstalled the printer six times yesterday...im just at my wits end.

You do not need the CD that came with your printer. What we are doing will guarantee a clean installation. Please use the following link to download and install the latest drivers for your printer and operating system:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc6490cw_all&os=10013

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
nothing is correcting the problem. I'm sorry I've wasted your time. At 68 i just cant get it. thank you for tying. but the wizard can not fix it it gets an error 0x803C010B...have a great 4th. thank yo udonna

Do you want me to connect to your computer remotely and solve the problem for you? We can do it now or later.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
how much will that cost

It will cost an additional $39.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no thank you...you have been very kind. I will just cable up to the printer for now.

I can do it for $23.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no thanks....im giving up. have abgreat day

If you change your mind, I can do a Live Phone Call for $20, and we can resolve your problem that way.