Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

Installed Windows 10 a year or so ago. My Kodak ScanMate

Customer Question

Installed Windows 10 a year or so ago. My Kodak ScanMate worked properly. Just reloaded Windows 10. Reinstalled the drivers for the Kodak i1120 ScanMate from the original disks. When I attempted to scan I received an error that the TWAIN datasource had failed.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kodak is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: All the files on the install disk are from 2009. Exact model is Kodak ScanMate i1120.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Troubleshooting guide pretty is pretty basic. Turn off computer and scanner and then restart. I was looking for a newer driver when you opened this chat.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: At this point, I'd like to try to solve this on my own. If unsuccessful, how can I reestablish contact and how much is the fee if any. Given the age of the scanner, buying a new one might be a better solution.
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Should I post the steps here or do you want to use our additional service, so that I can directly connect using remote support and help you to solve the problem ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When this dialog started I was searching for a newer driver. After I enrolled with you folks, I was sent to a page that contained statements that led me to believe that rather than an immediate response, it might take up to a full day before I hear from you. After I saw that I went ahead and installed a new driver that I found at Kodak Alaris. This seems to have solved the problem. To be fair I think I should pay you folks something. What do you propose?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

If you want to pay us then, just give a positive rating and that will be all, otherwise there is no need to give any rating.