John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have an HP 6826B1 Officejet Pro 8610 and an HP tower

Customer Question

I have an HP 6826B1 Officejet Pro 8610 and an HP tower running Windows 10, that connect through a router with a wireless connection to an older Gateway laptop. Laptop runs Windows XP and can print through the router to the printer. HP tower says the printer is offlne. Have tried to delete the printer from the tower with NO action.Tried connecting the printer directly to the tower and the printer screen shows NO connection. Tower can connect to the internet through the router. I'm at a loss as to what to do.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Here we can help you in two ways. One you can use our additional service to connect me to your Windows 10 PC and I will do the job for you otherwise I can post the steps here and you will follow them. Please let me know, what you want to try ?