TheGeekGal
TheGeekGal,
76665483

When printing something the black ink wil barely print.

Customer Question

When printing something the black ink wil barely print. Can't read it at all . Have changed out black ink twice.
Category: Printers
Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to help you with this. It's a common problem problem that usually occurs when the printer is inactive for long periods of times. It is important to print a few pages in both black and color at least once per week in order to keep the ink flowing and prevent clogging.

1. Cleaning the Print Heads from Your Computer

The print head cleaning function allows you to clear up clogged print head nozzle. Perform print headcleaning if printing is faint or a specific color fails to print, even though there is enough ink.

The procedure for cleaning the print head is as follows:

Cleaning

2. Open the printer driver setup window

3. Click Cleaning on the Maintenance tab

When the Print Head Cleaning dialog box opens, select the ink group for which cleaning is to be performed.
    Click Initial Check Items to display the items you need to check before performing cleaning.

4. Execute cleaning

Make sure that the machine is on and then click Execute.

Print head cleaning starts.

Important
    • Do not close the paper output tray until the cleaning is complete.

5. Complete cleaning

The Nozzle Check dialog box opens after the confirmation message.

6. Check the results

To check whether the print quality has improved, click Print Check Pattern. To cancel the check process, click Cancel.

If cleaning the head once does not resolve the print head problem, clean it once more.

• Note

• If there is no sign of improvement after Deep Cleaning, switch off the machine, wait 24 hours, and then perform Deep Cleaning again. If there is still no sign of improvement, the ink may have run out or the print head may be worn. For details on the remedial action to be taken, see "Ink Is Not Ejected."

• Important

• Deep Cleaning consumes a larger amount of ink than Cleaning.
    Cleaning the print head frequently will rapidly deplete your printer's ink supply. Consequently, perform cleaning only when necessary.

• Open the printer driver setup window

• Click Deep Cleaning on the Maintenance tab

When the Deep Cleaning dialog box opens, select the ink group for which deep cleaning is to be performed.
    Click Initial Check Items to display the items you need to check before performing deep cleaning.

• Execute deep cleaning

Click OK when the confirmation message appears.

Print head deep cleaning starts.

Important
    • Do not close the paper output tray until the deep cleaning is complete.

• Complete deep cleaning

• Check the results

• Deep Cleaning

Deep Cleaning is more thorough than cleaning. Perform deep cleaning when two Cleaning attempts do not resolve the print head problem.

Important

• Cleaning consumes a small amount of ink.

Please let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.

When your problem has been resolved, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it!. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
did not work when printing something that just uses black ink nothing shows up color works fine

The user manual for the canon MX922 (which can be downloaded here: http://bit.ly/29m51je says this:

If the problem is not resolved after performing the Deep Cleaning of the printhead twice, turn off the machine and perform anothee Deep Cleaning after 24 hours. If cleaning it 2 more times after 24 hours does nto resolve the issue then the printhead may be damaged nad you should contact a service center.

However, if the printer is not under warranty, as a "last ditch effort" before either replacing the print head, or purchasing a new printer, you can try removing the print head and physically "flushing" it. Please click here http://inkjet411.com/?page_id=2804 for detailed instructions. Don't do this if the unit is under warranty, as doing so could void the warranty. Please let me know how this works for you.