John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am having a hard time setting up my Cannon MG2922 printer

Customer Question

I am having a hard time setting up my Cannon MG2922 printer to my Chrome laptop. please help!
Thank you
Spring Sands
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your printer. Just to let you know the Chrome is altogether a different operating system which may find difficulty in adding external devices and there drivers. The printer which you want to add must have the cloud printing capability then we can install the printer in chrome and make it work.

Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

is your printer connected to the wifi router

Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

follow the below steps:

on your printer, Press and hold the Stop button until the Alarm lamp blinks 15 times, then release the button

a network setup sheet will print

locate the ipv4 address in the sheet

now on your laptop, open chrome and type the numbers you see for ipv4 address in the address bar of chrome

it will open the printer setup page

Select [ Google Cloud Print setup ] -> [ Register with Google Cloud Print ].

When the confirmation screen to register the printer is displayed, select [ Yes ].

In the print setup for Google Cloud Print, select the display language, and then select [ Authentication ].

The log-in page for Google Clout Print will open in the web browser. Enter your google username and password ***** sign in

The printer confirmation page will be displayed. Click the button to complete registration of the printer.

In the Remote UI, confirm that "Registration with Google cloud Print completed" is displayed, and select [ OK ].

once done try printing something from the laptop

let me know how it goes

i am listing below a help link as well that has the steps listed with pictures for better understanding

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART117419&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1467519335012

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I specifically sent a message that I had changed my mind about utilizing your services. I am not going to pay a monthly fee when I doubt I would use it. My mastercard was charged $23 anyway, and I waould like it refunded ASAP.Thank you
Spring Sands
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I really NEED a response
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
a refund on my Mastercard