Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing

My printer wont print. it starts to feed the paper, clicks 3

Customer Question

hi. my printer wont print. it starts to feed the paper, clicks 3 times then i get an error code 0x97
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: yes i looking at the screen. WF-3620
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing yet. trying to do google searches to find out what to do
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no. thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try my best to provide you the correct information. First of all, the problem is a hardware problem of the printer, which means a parts is defective and from the code you are getting is generated due to defective printhead. In most of the Epson printers the printhead is in built in the cartridges so replacing the cartridges should solve the problem. But, the main problem is that the code do not indicate which cartridge is creating the problem.

Now, this error code can also generate due to cartridge jam. So, first check if the cartridges can move freely or not, if not then it is caused due to some mechanical problem and you have to repair the printer. If the cartridges can move freely then, remove them and clean the contacts on them as well as inside the printer with a cotton swab and distilled water. After that check the result if the problem persists then, you have to replace the cartridges.

Now, to know if the cartridges can move freely or not, follow the steps below.

Open the printer cover.

Disconnect the power cord from the printer.

Keep the cover open and reconnect the power cord.

The cartridges should move back and forth, as soon as you press the power button.

Now, the last point, this problem can be caused due to defective logic board also, but the chances are very very low. Unfortunately, Epson do not provide proper information about the error codes and we have to gather them from experiences.

Hello, I can see that you have viewed the answer , please let me know if you need any further help.