John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a PIXMA MX922 Printer -- I was trying to replace the

Customer Question

I have a PIXMA MX922 Printer -- I was trying to replace the big black ink cartridge and took the old one out, Before repaacing the cartridge with the new one I inadvertantly closed up the doors and now get the "Printer error has occured" message -- turning it off and on doesn't work -- what o I do, please?
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Joel, I have been having my nap - we 90 year olds need a lot of shut-eye. I use Chrome, and have one of the more recent "Windows."
Expert:  JKalman replied 5 months ago.

Please install the new black ink cartridge and look for the error message to disappear. Please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When I open the door to the ink trays, the trays do not move into the center, are not lit and are not in position to load any tray
Expert:  JKalman replied 5 months ago.

Please disconnect the power cable and then move the carriage manually by gently pushing is from side to side. You should not have to overcome any large resistance. When you have it centered, you can install the black ink cartridge, connect the poser, close the access door, and turn on the printer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did as instructed, message still appears!! Let's give up before I spend more than the printer is worth trying to fix it -- I'll just by a new one. Please refund whatever charges are refundable!
Expert:  JKalman replied 5 months ago.

Okay. I can check the literature for solutions. If we do not solve your problem, you will not be charged anything.