Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.

I keep getting error code 1007 on my Canon printer. from a

Customer Question

I keep getting error code 1007 on my Canon printer. I am AirPrinting from a mac laptop. I've checked all of trays, ink, put everything back together. I've also reset all of my printer network setup. I can scan and copy on this printer, but I cannot get a document from my computer to print.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No. This is the first time. I have printed from my phone and this computer many times before. The printer was purchased October 2015.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Seriously, everything.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the model number of your printer, and can you please recheck that error, 1007 is not a valid canon error code.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The printer is a Canon PIXMA
The screen reads Support Code 1007
I have followed all of the directions multiple times. Attached is a screen shot. It sounds like it is trying to print, gets started, but nothing comes out. I've reloaded paper tray, new paper, less paper, more's as if it's not grabbing the paper?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Model number MX922
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for confirming.

This is a “diffuse” message which simply denotes an internal fault. That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb).

What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.
First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. Then remove the input paper supply.

Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the Inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Next clean all visible rollers (including what you can see from up within the paper tray) with qtips and rubbing alcohol. Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage. Next take a piece of heavy paper like card stock and push that through the rollers (feed path) to dislodge any last bits of paper that may be stuck.

Slide the paper guides to the center then back out, fan the front edge of the paper stack, and replace the paper supply.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can print the exact same document from my phone that I cannot print from my MacBook Air. It still tries to, but no paper comes out and Support Code 1007 is still coming up when printing from computer.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Can you please test if you can make a photocopy direct from the glass?

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?