Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers

Support code C000 there are no 'foreign objects' in the

Customer Question

Support code C000
there are no 'foreign objects' in the machine
the inks are installed correctly
I have printed a check sheet
- and yet when I try to print from with of iPad or mac book pro - I get this Support code -
please can you help me ???
Machine was bought on Friday . . . .
and I really do need to print documents as soon as possible
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

This error in new printer's happens due to packaging material still inside the printer. I understand that you have checked every nook and corner of the printer fro foreign object but still I would like you to perform the following steps again.

Turn Off the printer, unplug it from the power as well as from computer completely.Then remove all paper from the paper feed unit and blow it out with compressed air a few times. With a flashlight look inside the paper feed to ensure there is nothing obstructing the paper feed mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen.

Next, take moistened Q-tips and clean the rubber rollers in the automatic sheet feeder using it. Then blow some compressed air inside the printer as well to remove excess dust and to dry the rollers.

Holding the printer in both hands , turn it upside down and gently shake it for a few seconds to see if anything falls out of the paper feed area.

Then plug the printer back up and replace it with a fresh, small stack (about 5 pages) of paper.Then try to print again.

If still it doesn't helps then as a last resort you can try forcing a thick paper or fold a A4 piece of paper in half, and then by hand push it through the machine, hopefully this may push any objects out.

After that turn the printer OFF, when it is on, by unplugging it from the power source.
Then unplug it from the computer and leave it that way for 10 minutes. Then replace everything back.

Tell me how it goes!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No still no luck . . .

If the previous steps didn't help it verifies an error in LF encoder signal. It is caused due to smearing or scratches on the LF / EJ slit film.LF / EJ slit film and the LF / EJ timing sensor unit needs to be replaced to get everything back to alright.

As your Printer is absolutely new and in warranty. Canon will replace it free of cost.

I know this isn’t going to be the answer you want to hear, and it’s certainly not what I want to tell you. However, I wish to be completely honest with you, so I feel obligated to not give you false hope.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking on one of the stars at the top > then submit.

Please let me know if you face any difficulty while rating.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'll take it back first thing Monday and exchange it for a better model - or a different make
I already use HP wireless at different addresses and never have any problems with them . . .
I'll let you know how I get on, thanks for trying . . .
Have a good day

Keep me posted!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'll do the rating when I've taken the camon back . . .
Have a good weekend

No problem, you too have a nice weekend!!