Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

My Canon printer MG5250 has been giving me the message C000

Customer Question

Hello Pearl. My Canon printer MG5250 has been giving me the message C000 for some days. I have turned the printer off many times and now removed the inks and replaced them making sure they were correctly seated. The printer still does not work. Evelyn
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: From memory the Canon did this about two years ago and I tried wiping under the inks with a cotton bud again. This time it did not work. Evelyn
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Only typing my original message today.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Perhaps that at my age I am really challenged by this problem.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

You could have a failed printhead, as it may not be sensing the ink tanks are in position. But it could just be an out of position ink tank.. For good measure id remove all ink tanks and reinsert them.

Also, have a look at this link, it may help resolve the issue.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My problem commenced when I inserted two new black inks. In case one of them was faulty I have replaced them - still not working.
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

lets try removing all ink tanks.

Then, unplug the machine from power.. Then, clean the electrical contact inside your printehead that read the ink tanks.

Then, plug the machine back in and turn it on. Then, insert the ink tanks one at atime.. turning the machine off, and on after each ink tank

At the end of this, do you still get the error?

if so, do you get the error if you insert the black tanks first? Such as, does the error immediately start as soon as those tanks are inserted?