Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a paper jam in my Brother HL-2040 Printer and 't know

Customer Question

I have a paper jam in my Brother HL-2040 Printer and don't know what to do to get the paper out.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I got it in 2007
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I can't find any instructions on how to remove the paper. Simply pulling it does not work.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I didn't get connected to anyone to answer my question. I don't like this so far! I haven't received a communication by phone or email either.(###) ###-####**@******.*** Don't bill my credit card if you don't get me an answer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Have you tried removing the tray, the drum assembly and the rear cover and checking for the paper jam that way?

If not, or even if you have.. Please follow the steps on this link as methodically as you can, let me know whether or not you are able to clear the jam or if you get stuck.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl2040_all&ftype3=1969&faqid=faq00000026_006

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.