Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

I have a Hewlett Packard printer series 5520 and it says it

Customer Question

I have a Hewlett Packard printer series 5520 and it says it is connected to WiFi but when I try to print it says error status
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Hewellt Packard 5520 Probably less than three years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried deleting the entire printer and installing it again. It prints a test page and that turns out great. The printer says it is online when I look at the printer but yet when I try to print a document it says the rinter is in error status. It is marked as my
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No - only does this cost money
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 3 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. If you go to devices and printers, how many printers do you see there? and is the test print being sent from your computer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I see one and yes it does print the test page.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Okay. Which document or program are you trying to print from?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My bank statement

Is the bank statement being printed online or is it downloaded as pdf?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Hold the CTRL key and Press P. From the list of printers, make sure it is the correct printer listed and selected, and then try to print.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is the correct printer although it does say class 1 driver which it has said before

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No I wish you could but I don't have money to pay for that. Sorry.

It will be very difficult to troubleshoot the issue without actually looking at reason being, everything you stated, points to the printer being setup correctly. for this reason, i will opt out and open the question to other experts.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I advise that you first of all, open the printer queue, and Clear All print jobs.

Then, try doing a simple test print, say from TextEdit or from Notepad?

(If so, does that go through OK?)

Also, what firewall (or, Internet Security) software do you have on your computer?

As for the bank statement... try opening it in a different browser program. If you are trying to print from the Internet Explorer browser program, you may have a problem with the Internet Explorer program, that sometimes happens.

After determining (if it is) that your browser program is at fault, we can fix Internet Explorer (or whatever browser you are using).