Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

How can I connect my Brother printer to WiFi,? HL-3070CW, I

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: How can I connect my Brother printer to WiFi
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: HL-3070CW
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried to reload the printer
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no, thank you very much
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Windows 8
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Also, would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. Let me know how you'd like to begin.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
assist you via written support alone
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

What we need to do is check and see if the machine is connected to your wireless network

heres how http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl3070cw_all&faqid=faq00002797_002

If it doesnt say the link status is ok, follow these steps next

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl3070cw_all&faqid=faq00002794_016

The steps on that link, will help you reconnect the printer to your wireless network and to the computer.

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it said statuse is ok
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I need to connect my printer to computer by wifi
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Ok, If the status is ok.

then on your windows 8 computer.. Go to devices and printers.. click add printer, click add network printer ( or if it starts scanning for printers thats fine)

it should locate your Brother printer.. Click it, add it , and you will be able to print.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it can not find my printer
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Is the computer connected to the same wireless network?

Also, when you went to the devices and printers window, is your printer already showing?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My computer is connected to the same network. No, it is not shown
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

In that case.. id run through these steps, and temporarily connect the printer to your computer via a usb cable so it can assist with the connection process via usb.

Hopefully, that will allow you to find and add the printer.

D.S