Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert

My problem: I own a HP Photosmart C6180. It smears when

Customer Question

My problem: I own a HP Photosmart C6180. It smears when scanning and the wireless function is not working any more. From a friend I got another C61800 which doesent print any more, but al other parts work well. My idea: to combine the two to get back a fully functioning AiO
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: My message was sent bevore I had finished! I was able to solve all problems until I stalled when trying to separate scaner and printer. The problem is the left hinge.The printers are of same age about 8 years.
is about
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: again ssent bevor I finished! I could easyly disassemble both motherboards. I have raed many many comments in the internet.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No except many thanks for help! Fritz Eggimann from Switzerland
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 3 months ago.

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.