Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Dustin... i already got sent to the site that asks me credit

Customer Question

Dustin... i already got sent to the site that asks me for a credit card etc but the $18.00 cost is not clearly explained ....is it the $5 credit then the 18 $ and THAT IS ALL AND A ONE TIME FEE? or what?
Pearl WilsonHi, I'm Pearl Wilson, the Printer Technician's Assistant. Please tell me about the issue.
Youi have a HP 6700 Premium printer fax copier that i have been the sole owner of since i purchased it with my husband....
We are now divorced a month ago and i am in the house and the printer is still mine but some of the functions are locked out by a admin password.
Both me and my ex husband are both clueless as to what the pw is. So we are basically locked out of our own printer.
the issue is that with changes in the wifi network and set up impossible throught the printer to connect without it. useless printer now
Pearl WilsonCan you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Youi did already ]
Pearl WilsonWhat troubleshooting have you tried?
Youin the first sentence
Pearl WilsonThe printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Youno..its just admin pw lost and cant join a new wifi now since router and wifi home has been changed a month ago
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

I cant see the offer you received when you asked your question, but from what you have stated it should be a 23$ charge total.

Its a one time fee, unless you signed up for the monthly subscription ( which you can cancel with a few clicks )

Lets try this as a first step to try and connect your printer to your new home wireless network and bypass the password *****

From the main screen on the printer, use the right arrow key and select the Setup Menu. Use the right arrow key again and navigate to and select the Network menu. Scroll down until you see Restore Network Defaults and select Yes to Restore.

Once this has been completed, scroll back up the Network Menu and run the Wireless Setup Wizard. You will be prompted for a new Network Password.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.