Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Epson 4630 consistent paper jam message. As near as I can

Customer Question

Epson 4630 consistent paper jam message. As near as I can tell, under the printer head path in the center is a spring loaded piece of white plastic that is supposed to move up and down. It looks like the spring is no longer anchored to anything and the white plastic piece is kind of hanging on for dear life. Should be an incredible pain to take this whole thing apart
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: WF4630. Model C511A. Just over a year old. Rarely used
JA: Huh?
Customer: The C511A comes from the tag on the rear side of the machine but it is a WF-4630
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Everything it has told me to do. No gears missing, unplugged,took of back removed paper tray opened front cover etc
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I assume this is a pay service, correct
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

The intermittent jam error you are having is due to the carriage not g oing all the way back to the right, or home position. If it does go all the way back to the right. That sping loaded piece of plastic should be up and in the vertical position. But when the carriage doesnt go all the way to the right it depresses the spring, telling the machine there is a jam.

So try this, push the carriage by hand to the right till its home. Then turn the machine off and on and that will clear the jam messsage. This time around.

And you may be find for the next several print attempts.. When the error returns, repeat the above steps.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.