VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have a Kodak printer, I can scan pictures and documents in

Customer Question

I have a Kodak printer, I can scan pictures and documents in with no problems and it can copy with no issue . . . but it is a real you know what when it comes to printing out of the computer and I can't figure out what it's problem is.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kodak is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: not even two years old yet and it's a Kodak AiO 3.2
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried running troubleshoot and it doesn't list any problems . . . my uncle suggest there might be a program running that is intervering but the devil if I know what it is.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: well for one things I'm at work and my printer is at home so it's just going to be advice right now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 5 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist with the resolution of this issue.

To be clear, you are stating that the Print Quality is the issue. Correct?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it is the fact that my printer is not printing from the computer period

When did this issue first start? What was the printer doing when it first happened?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
All I know is that I when I tried to print from photoshop, the printer did nothing. I saved the image, closed photoshop, and tried to print from the folder, same results. And then I opened up the kodak home center to try that, and again I get no results . . .The printer is connected directly to the computer. I can scan files in no problem. But I cannot get anything to print out of the computer. My dad mentions several friends and family members having similar problems and that it was caused by some program running at the same time that interfered with the printing . . . but devil if I know what it could be.

OK. What Operating System are you using? Windows or MAC OS X?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Windows 7

OK, have you checked the Print Queue of the PC to see if it has an issue?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That was the first thing I checked . . . it only has the one item I'm trying to print at the time and it keep saying printing even after 5 minutes of waiting. If everything was working right, the printer normally starts printing within a few seconds of giving the print command. I've checked the que each time I tried to print . . . first from Photoshop, then from the folder holding the file directly, and then from the Kodak Home Center. All three times it never printed.So, could something be interfering with the file getting out to the printer. I've had no trouble bringing stuff in from the scanner and the printer copies just fine . . . it's only when i try to send stuff to the printer that it gives me all this grief

OK. When was the last update from Microsoft?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've installed all the latest updates from Microsoft, I've disabled unneeded programs from start up, I've restarted my computer and I still cannot get this hunk of hardware to print from the PC! What is the deal!

Ok, calm yourself. Think if Kittens in a field. OK, we can uninstall the Drivers, use a Registry Cleaner to remove all Kodak entries. Then reboot. After that reinstall the drivers while the printer is off.

Your thoughts?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sounds like an idea . . . but here's something else . . . I just pulled up the Kodak Home Center . . . even though I can scan in okay, when I try to pull up the 'printer' it says "printer undetected". And when I tried to "install printer", unplugging the usb and putting it back, it still says Printer Undetected. What could be causing that?

OK, look in the Control Panel. Is there an error there under either the USB Bus or for the Printer?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay . . .
Control Panel . . . Devices and Printers . . . Kodak ESP 3.2 AiO XP with a green check mark . . . don't see any errors.And I'm sorry for sounding rough before . . . just burns me that something so simple has to make itself such a pain in the tail at times.

Understood. Here is a link for a Registry Cleaner:

http://bit.ly/28OdzLT

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay, my norton security is saying that this site and program are dangerous and won't let me use it.

Really. Hold a moment.

http://bit.ly/29cMS6R

Or use a Smart Phone.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just ran my CCleaner, cleaning the disk and the registry . . . I just tried to print one of my art projects . . . the gue said "Printer may need attention" in less than 10 seconds this time.

YES!!!! Are we cooking with Gas? Meaning is it printing, Sir or Madam?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sir . . . and not yet . . . it said "Printer Needs Attention" but the printer didn't give me any warning or problem signs . . . just saying "Printing" and all the lights blinking. But we are closer than we've been all day at least.Heh . . . I haven't thought about the CCleaner in over a year . . . no wonder I didn't think of it earlier.

Excellent product, glad I could sent it your way.

Where did you acquire the Drivers and software from for the Printer?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The printer is not even 2 years old yet . . . but I think we're getting some where . . . I just tried printing the pic again and this time it went through!But I think it finally straightened out! It's printed twice with no issues! Thanks.

EXCELLENT, Sir or Madam. Thank you for your Business.

Also, BONUSES are always welcome.

Lastly, grab that CCleaner as I just bought a copy and used it on my Vista PC.