Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Can my Canon Pixma iP 6600D be installed on a MAC HD running

Customer Question

Can my Canon Pixma iP 6600D be installed on a MAC HD running OSX10.9.5?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

The most current driver made for that printer was for OS Lion 10.7.. While we can get that download to work, it can be a bit tough at times..

So lets try this.. Connect your printer via usb to your mac. Then go to this page

Select drivers and downloads, select lion 10.7 And then download the Cups driver.. Once downloaded, open it and install it.

Then on your mac go to the printers and scanners window in system preferences. Then click the + sign and add your printer. Once added, try a test print.

Ideally, this should work. But if you run into any issues let me know and if needed I can connect to your mac from here and get this working for you directly.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.